Prelude to the Dream Sold Out Once Again
Contact Joe Crowley
True Speed Communication
(704) 895-8431 or Joe.Crowley@TrueSpeedCommunication.com
Online Media Kit Available at: www.TrueSpeedMedia.com
Contact Patrick Byrne
(212) 512-1361 or Patrick.Byrne@hbo.com
For Immediate Release
Prelude to the Dream Sold Out Once Again
Fans Wishing to See All-Star Event Must Order it on HBO Pay-Per-View®
ROSSBURG, Ohio (June 2, 2009) – For the fifth consecutive year, the Prelude to the Dream at Eldora Speedway is a sellout.
The only way left to see such racing icons as Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Robby Gordon and Kasey Kahne competing in dirt Late Models to raise money for injured and fallen heroes is via HBO Pay-Per-View.
The live, commercial-free broadcast will begin at 7 p.m. EDT (4 p.m. PDT), followed by an immediate replay. HBO Pay-Per-View’s racing telecast has a suggested retail price of $24.95 and is available to more than 71 million pay-per-view homes. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming in the pay-per-view industry. Ordering information and up-to-the minute racing information is available at www.hbo.com.
“Despite the tough economic times, we knew how loyal the Eldora fans would be,” said Stewart, owner of Eldora Speedway. “We’ve got some of the best fans in the country, and once again, tickets went fast for this year’s race. We’ll put on a great show for the fans and they’ll help us raise money for injured and fallen heroes in the process.
“Even though the race is sold out, everyone can watch it at home thanks to our great friends and partners at HBO Pay-Per-View. This is our third year with them and it’s been a tremendous relationship, which gives the entire country a chance to see the Prelude to the Dream.”
After the first four events collectively raised more than $2 million in contributions to the Victory Junction Gang Camp, this year’s Prelude to the Dream benefits four entities that cater to severely injured military personnel and fallen soldiers and their families – Wounded Warrior Project, Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, Operation Homefront and Fisher House. Each has a mission that outlines assistance to the courageous men and women who serve their country and need additional support both during and after their time of service.
HOW TO ORDER:
- The live, commercial-free broadcast will begin at 7 p.m. EDT (4 p.m. PDT), followed by an immediate replay.
- All that is necessary to order the event is a digital cable box on one’s TV or satellite service. A subscription to HBO is not required.
- The suggested retail price is $24.95 and is available to more than 71 million pay-per-view homes. Ordering information and up-to-the minute racing information is available at www.hbo.com.
- Depending on whether one has cable TV or satellite service, prospective viewers can order the Prelude to the Dream beginning June 1.
The following are step-by-step instructions to help place an order for the
Fifth Annual Prelude to the Dream on HBO Pay-Per-View:
- Cable Customers: All that is necessary to order the event is a digital cable box on your TV. If you are not sure about the kind of box you have, contact your cable company and ask if you have a digital cable box that gets Pay-Per-View (PPV). Once you know you have a digital cable box, scroll through the Pay-Per-View channels on your electronic program guide for Wednesday, June 3 at 7 p.m. EDT and look for “Auto Racing: Prelude/Dream Stewart & Gordon.” Once you see the entry, click it and follow the on-screen instructions to order. If your cable system does not accept orders from your remote control, contact a customer service representative either the day before or the day of the race. Make sure you tell them that you are looking to order “Auto Racing: Prelude/Dream Stewart & Gordon.” Some cable systems have a short window available to order PPV events. The more specific you are with the customer service representative, the easier it will be to place your order.
- DirecTV Customers: All DirecTV customers can order. You can find the event on Channel 121 in Standard-Definition. Go to the programming guide for those channels for Wednesday, June 3 at 7 p.m. EDT, and look for “Auto Racing: Prelude/Dream Stewart & Gordon.” Once you see the entry, click the event and follow the on-screen instructions to order.
- DISH Network Customers: All DISH Network customers can order. You can find the event on Channels 455/472 in Standard-Definition. Scroll through the programming guide for those channels for Wednesday, June 3 at 7 p.m. EDT, and look for “Auto Racing: Prelude/Dream Stewart & Gordon.” Once you see the entry, click the event and follow the on-screen instructions to order.
If any problems are encountered during ordering, contact a customer service representative anytime on Wednesday, June 3, to make sure the order is processed and the race can be viewed. Once it is ordered, sit back and enjoy the ride.
COORDINATE/UPLINK INFORMATION FOR POST-RACE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Transmit: PSSI Ku-band TES
- Satellite: Galaxy 17 / K19
- Video: SD – Standard Definition, 4:3 aspect ratio, MPEG-2 4:2:2 In the Clear
- Downlink Frequency: 12080 H
- Modulation: QPSK
- FEC Rate: 5/6
- Symbol Rate: 26.470 Msym/s
- Data Rate: 40.656536 Mbps
- Audios: Channel 1: Mono; Channel 2: Mono
- When: Within 10 minutes following the conclusion of HBO Pay-Per-View event on Wednesday, June 3
- Feed will begin at approximately 11:15 p.m. EDT
If trouble is encountered with feed, please call (937) 338-3126 or (937) 338-3127
INFORMATION FOR DOWNLOADING PHOTOGRAPHY:
- Photos from the fifth annual Prelude to the Dream will be available to the media online through Getty Images on www.image.net
- Media will not be charged an editorial usage fee for images from the event.
- To view and download materials, please register at www.image.net and select “Sports” in the “subjects you cover” section.