The Education Department of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is seeking a dynamic, motivated and caring individual to assist with program development for the Museum’s access program for visitors with special needs. In addition to research, the intern will have the opportunity to assist in program planning, training, and implementation of several programs over the next year for deaf/hard of hearing and blind/partially sighted communities, individuals with dementia and their caregivers, for students with special needs, family with children with developmental or learning disabilities, and for families affected by autism.
Projects may also include:
- assisting with outreach and marketing for access programs
- compiling feedback and statistics for grant reports
- researching and designing tours for adults who are blind or partially sighted
- assisting with check-in, logistics and program delivery for access programs
- designing handouts to introduce families with children with special needs to the Museum
- creating lesson plans and activities for family programs for children with special needs
- providing outreach and modifying marketing material
Additional projects are based on intern’s experience and interests. The Museum requires a commitment of at least 100 hours. Schedule is flexible, but the museum strongly prefers 1-2 days/week and some weekend shifts based on the program schedule. Experience or interest in working with people with special needs required. Teaching experience strongly encouraged.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.