The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator who will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Education Department. This position coordinates all activities that support internal and external relationships, including budget management, scheduling, record keeping, and department-wide needs related to programming by performing the following duties:
Executive Administration and General Department Needs
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Education and AVP of Education.
- Manage and maintain department-wide daily schedules.
- Work with entire department staff and closely with managers. Interface with museum leadership.
- Interface with Events Departments on scheduling education spaces in the Michael Tyler Fisher Center for Education, 2nd Deck, Mess Deck, and other Museum spaces as needed.
- Represent Education Department at monthly meetings with other departments, including Special Events, Operations, and Exhibits.
- Maintain SharePoint calendars and files.
- Update and add new programs/individuals to Patron’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain departmental program statistics, press, and marketing materials. Compile stats for department reporting, and grant proposals and reports.
- Assist with the coordination of collateral development and other marketing materials for Education programs.
- Type correspondence, and prepare agendas and meeting notes.
- Handle highly sensitive incoming mail and electronic communications.
- Perform basic clerical duties including typing, copying, and filing.
- Handle mailings.
- Maintain department inventory of office supplies and equipment, etc. Coordinate reorders.
Finance and Budget
- Maintain budget records.
- Submit, file, and track department purchase orders, requisitions, T&Es, and invoices.
- Track expenses monthly.
- Interface with Finance Department regarding expense tracking, policies, updates, and miscellaneous needs.
- Perform other duties as required by management
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training with experience in management administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Microsoft Office programs, Patron’s Edge, and Raiser’s Edge preferred. Prior experience working in a cultural institution highly desirable. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. The candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization, from line workers to senior management level and an ability to represent the department in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.