|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is looking for an Administrative Assistant. This Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Financial/Administrative Officer and Finance team. This position coordinates all activities that support the CFAO with internal and external responsibilities and relationships. The individual in this role will utilize his/her knowledge and experience in order to engage with team members, solve problems, gather needed information, produce reports, and carry out work requests to help make team members more productive and effective. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, preparation of company reports and presentations for senior management and various Committees of the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the CFAO
- Manage and maintain CFAO’s daily schedule; screen and prioritize calendar demands
- Answer and screen all incoming calls to the CFAO addressing routine inquiries and information requests
- Assist in preparation of financial reports and analyses in Excel and presentations in PowerPoint as requested
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential incoming mail and electronic communications for the CFAO
- Manage and maintain CFAO’s filing system; ensure compliance with record retention protocols, insurance certificates files and renewals
- Perform clerical duties including typing, copying, filing, proofreading, maintaining and updating professional subscriptions and affiliations, and assisting with major mailings
- Prepare check requests and other documentation as needed
- Maintain e-mail and other distribution lists for grantees, Trustees and other key personnel
- Other special projects for annual audit, Board meetings/reports and spreadsheet edits as requested by CFAO and/or Controller.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data entry is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. An ability to represent the CFAO in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.