| The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is currently seeking a Group Services Associate (Part-time) to provide a high level of customer service through comprehensive product knowledge and efficient guest transactions by greeting and escorting groups, hosting birthday parties, supervising Operation slumber events, and answering guest questions regarding museum events and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or six months or more of related customer service experience. Candidate should enjoy working with children. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with visitors and clients. The ability to work weekends, nights and holidays is required. We offer a competitive salary.
- Greets and escorts Group Sales visitors including school and camp groups, bands and choirs performing on site, senior groups, tour groups and birthday party guests providing orientation and reiterating museum rules and regulations.
- Assists performance groups – bands, choirs, and orchestras with set-up logistics.
- Hosts children’s Birthday Parties held at the Intrepid. This will include providing information about the history of and exhibits in the museum, entertaining guests (ages usually range from 5 – 13 years old) and yes, wearing thematic costumes!
- Participates in Operation Slumber, our sleep over program, by assisting with check in, tours, food service and at times sleeping over to aid with visitor needs;
- Answers guest’s complaints and inquiries and offers solutions or direction to manager.
- Operates ticketing system and computes bill (and/or balance due for advanced sales) and ticket printing on paid orders
- Deliver daily group tickets to box office at start of each day and maintains daily arrival log.
- Sets up and organizes assigned areas, and Group Sales storage room as needed.
- Updates database and e-blast lists.
- Act as support staff for any and all group sales programs and program leaders.
- Performs other Group Sales department duties as required.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.