The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is currently seeking a Group Services Associate (Part-time) to provide a high level of customer service with a focus on groups participating in events and activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets and escorts Group Sales visitors including school and camp groups, bands and choirs performing on site, senior groups, tour groups and birthday party guests providing orientation and reiterating museum rules and regulations.
- Assists performance groups – bands, choirs, and orchestras with set-up logistics.
- Hosts children’s Birthday Parties held at the Intrepid. This will include providing information about the history of and exhibits in the museum, entertaining guests (ages usually range from 5 – 13 years old) and yes, wearing thematic costumes!
- Participates in Operation Slumber, our sleep over program, by assisting with check in, tours, food service and at times sleeping over to aid with visitor needs;
- Answers guest’s complaints and inquiries and offers solutions or direction to manager.
- Operates ticketing system and computes bill (and/or balance due for advanced sales) and ticket printing on paid orders
- Deliver daily group tickets to box office at start of each day.
- Sets up and organizes assigned areas, and Group Sales storage room as needed.
- Updates database and e-blast lists.
- Act as support staff for any and all group sales programs and program leaders.
- Performs other Group Sales department duties as required.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or six months or more of related customer service experience. Candidate should enjoy working with children. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with visitors and clients. The ability to work weekends, nights and holidays is required. We offer a competitive salary.
For consideration e-mail resume to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested.
No phone calls please.