| The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
The Network Technician will be responsible for maintenance and resolution of all issues escalated to the network level; provide support to all ISASM networks and installs of business applications; support all elements of ISASM backups; and will ensure backups are complete and stored offsite. The Network Technician will be required to work on projects as well as project planning, and implementation. He/ She will assist with higher level tasks with respect to Exchange, SQL Server and Windows network administration.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring of 100% Network Uptime including maintaining of network speed and stability
- Maintenance and management of all aspects of networking assisted by members of the helpdesk staff
- Configure physical and virtual servers
- Maintenance and organization of wiring cabinets, closets and other IT areas
- Management of email, spam filters and firewall
- Management of Proxy Server
- Management and resolution of Telephone and Voicemail issues
- Management of wireless solutions, including access levels, SSID’s and security monitoring
- Resolution of all tasks escalated to Network Support
- Installs, upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files
- Perform network diagnosis, speed tests, redundancy and repair any issues
- Assist in additional helpdesk tasks as required.
- Coordinate activities with helpdesk, network services, vendors and other information system groups
- Manage anti-virus server, virus definition deployment and virus remediation.
- Replace defective or inadequate software packages
- Refer major hardware problems to outside service personnel for correction
- Negotiation with vendors for pricing and new or renewal contracts
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Available to work weekends, nights and holidays as required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years experience in a high volume help desk resolving increasingly higher level issues. This candidate will be well versed in the following: Windows Server Environments, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Microsoft SQL Server, Advanced Networking including VLAN’s, VB Scripting for Active Directory. The ideal candidate will be familiar with network monitoring tools and technologies, database/file system administration and monitoring, root cause analysis, operating system upgrades and patch management. Knowledge of server and live production environments. Good project management skills a must.
Qualified candidates will also have an ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality, have strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization from line workers to senior management level, have strong critical thinking skills, have complex problem solving skills, be highly organized and have an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Employee will need to climb ladders and go onto man-lifts, forklift trucks or any other equipment required to service equipment and wiring throughout the varied locations across the Museum complex. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. Employee must be able to pull cabling and all physical demands associated with this task. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.