The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking a Senior Business Applications and Data Solution Specialist to represent the Information Technology (IT) Department and act as the liaison with the Museum’s user departments and software vendors. The Specialist is responsible for: assisting with needs assessments, software selection & integration, application enhancements/settings, data analysis & conversion, reporting, user training & support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day IT application support and subject matter expertise for key applications
- Develop relationships with the user departments (at all levels) and with IT peers
- Network with outside user/vendor groups and IT professionals
- Needs assessments: Identify, understand and document business needs and ensure the needs align with vendors’ packages reviewed/selected. This includes understanding processes and workflows and updating as user requirements evolve
- Data ownership: provide data integrity/validity as well as migration paths for upgrades
- Software selection: assist in evaluations and integration with current and future tools
- Documentation, reporting, training and support: work with users to develop integrated and off-line reporting, and provide appropriate levels of user training and support
- Develop Service Level Agreements with users at all levels as well as management
- Maintain third party applications that interface with and/or impact RE/PE
- Participate in the creation of project plans and communicate status to all levels of management and serve as IT Project lead for all Blackbaud RE/PE related projects
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office (including MS Project/Access/Visio)
- Significant work experience with SQL scripting and/or advanced use of MS Excel
- Report development (i.e., Crystal Reports) and use of SharePoint
- Experience in data migration, data “cleansing” and analysis
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Work with IT department in functionality, integration and user acceptance testing
Qualified candidates will have Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Computer Science or Computer engineering from four-year college or university; a minimum of 4 years related experience required, with two years of experience in process analysis and project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate will have proven ability and hands-on experience working creatively and analytically in problem-solving environments with a track record of on-time delivery and smooth rollouts. Positive and organized approach to work is essential (in teams and as an individual). This candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work successfully with all levels of personnel including senior business and technology managers; communication skills that demonstrate ability to manage meetings with user level discussions as well as with IT for technical discussions. Knowledge of the RFP, vendor evaluation and selection process. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary is required.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.