The Development Intern will be responsible for supporting the Development department, which is focused on significantly expanding funding to this dynamic organization. Candidates should possess strong research, writing, and computer skills and interest in development or nonprofit management.
Responsibilities will include the following:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Assist with the coordination of the 70th Anniversary Homecoming Weekend, including processing registrations, speaking to attendees, and planning programming.
- Provide administrative support for the Development department in the following areas: telephone calls, emails, filing, faxing, mail merges, and copying.
- Conduct research on new individual, foundation, government and corporate prospects.
- Create prospect profiles and briefing documents.
- Prepare general correspondence.
- Such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Junior or senior level collegiate students and above, or 1-3 years of nonprofit experience preferred
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to analyze data and create clear written materials
- Interest and knowledge of American history a plus
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office required
Please complete our application and submit a cover letter, résumé, and one or two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to email@example.com.
click here to download application