The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator. The purpose of this role is to develop and publish engaging and relevant content through Intrepid’s digital and social channels, including the museum’s website, eblasts and social media outlets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the museum’s digital communications calendar, including the scheduling of social media posts, website updates and email blasts.
- Copywriting and publishing content for various digital assets including emails, website and social media channels including facebook, twitter, youtube etc.
- Contribute to the growth of social media fans/followers and engagement and help facilitate social media promotional campaigns
- Coordinate museum’s social media efforts including developing and collecting content from all museum departments, as well as posting, replying to and monitoring conversation.
- Coordinate museum’s email program
- Protect and adhere to brand voice and integrity in all published content
- Coordinate special projects as needed
- Performs other duties as required by management
Candidate must have Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field from four-year college or university and two related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate should have two or more years professional or intern experience in social media, digital marketing or communications related position and strong knowledge of social media channels and tools and digital marketing. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. High energy, a friendly personality, an ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued. Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and other evenings as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.