The Intrepid Museum is looking for a Marketing Assistant to support the Marketing department. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the entire Marketing team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Calendar and Phone Support Duties
- Schedules and manages Department meetings, including arranging venue, meeting supplies, appropriate staff attendance, and appropriate background materials.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
- Fields general inquiries on behalf of department including emails, sales calls etc.
- Arranges complex and detailed Department related travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies when requested.
- Arranges programs, events, or conferences by coordinating with other staff as needed to arrange for facilities and caterer, issue information or invitations, and coordinate speakers.
Administrative and Office Management Duties
- Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Prepares records such as agenda, notices and minutes for meetings.
- Tracks contracts and other documents through the approval process, securing appropriate signatures.
- Organizes and maintains filing system and files correspondence and other records, including invoices and administrative records.
- Coordinate invoicing activity on behalf of Department, including the processing of purchase requisitions, invoices and check requests.
- Facilitates preparation and filing of Business Development and Marketing related documents including contracts, term sheets, proposals and marketing decks.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Faxes, copies, mails, or ships documents and materials as necessary, using appropriate shipping and tracking methods when necessary.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Represents Department through telephone and personal contacts.
Coordinator and Support Duties
- Follow up communications(phone, email & in-person) with potential Sponsors, Partners
- Fulfillment of various initiatives including online gift card purchases (weekly); online survey fulfillment (2x/mos) and advertising leads (as needed).
- Execute regular reporting for email blasts and coupon redemption.
- Coordinate partner discounts including providing approved promotional copy and ensuring discounts are communicated to and properly input for box office.
- Compile ongoing inventory of promotional items.
- Manage and execute benefits relating to current museum sponsors. Create letters, emails and summary reports for ongoing communications with sponsors. Capturing sponsor elements on site via photography to include in various reports and presentations.
- Review solicitations, send out letters and donation packages, track events, provide logos and other collateral to charitable organizations
- Coordinates special projects as directed by Department
- Conducts background research, internally or externally, as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equivalent; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Microsoft office including proficiency with word processing, database, and mastery of spreadsheet software is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. The candidate will have experience working in a support-role to a SVP or VP level executive and strong project management skills, including the ability to manage and track multiple project schedules and related financial data. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and other overtime as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.