The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is looking for a Manager of Public Events. This person will be responsible for the planning and execution of annual marketing events and programming for the museum – including, but not limited to, Fleet Week, Kids Week, Movie Series, Appreciation Weekends, Veterans Day and more. Programming and events should support the museum’s mission while tapping new audiences and building on relationships within the surrounding communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing content for new and existing events, including researching and formalizing marketing relationships with key partners. Events range from large multi-day/ multi-partner events to smaller one day events and programming opportunities.
- Communicating and partnering with key departments within the museum to aide in successful implementation of each event. These departments include Museum Services, Special Events, Operations, Education, Marketing and Public Relations, among others.
- Planning, coordination and execution of each event within budget and in support of – when relevant – sponsorship partners
- Post event follow up with all partners and internal departments
- Performs other duties as required by management.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; and a minimum of four years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. An ability to present themselves in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued. Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and other evenings as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.