The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking a Corporate Membership Manager to ensure smooth operation of all aspects of the Institution’s corporate membership program, including solicitation, reporting, and stewardship of corporate memberships and to assist with executing all facets of the strategic membership marketing plan by performing the following duties:
- With the support and guidance of the Director of Membership, manage a portfolio of corporate prospects with the goal of maintaining and increasing existing levels of giving and generating new sources of support.
- Help research and identify new corporate member and sponsor prospects in consultation with membership, marketing, special events, development and education departments.
- Field inquiries via corporate membership phone lines, email inboxes, providing member service/troubleshooting as necessary.
- Fulfill corporate member benefit obligations and requests. Upkeep of corporate membership promotional contents (website listing, information packets and materials, benefit sheets).
- Track cultivation and stewardship of corporate prospects in Raiser’s Edge; update corporate member records in Raiser’s Edge as needed.
- Prepare meeting material for corporate visits (profiles, event participation reports) and attend meetings with representatives of current corporate member or prospects as necessary.
- Follow up on returned mail and file all copies of correspondence as needed.
- Provides input and assists with strategy for membership department, including establishing short- and long-range goals in cooperation with the Director of Membership to achieve institution membership objectives.
- Implements membership acquisition strategies, such as direct mail, phone soliciting, off-site, and internet sales, as directed by the Director of Membership.
- Implements strategies for renewing annual support of current corporate members.
- Prepare and update monthly corporate sales report.
- Develop content for monthly corporate member eblast updates and work with the graphics team to produce.
- Attends and assists development events as requested.
- Works as a team member in the Institutional Advancement Department on a range of fundraising and development areas.
- Operates ticketing system as it relates to membership.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, and four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. He/She should have exemplary computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet. Strong knowledge of database systems (Raiser’s Edge, Patron’s Edge) essential. Ability to learn and operate the museum ticketing system as it relates to processing memberships and maintaining overall database. Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail essential. Must be able to keep deadlines. The candidate will have excellent judgment, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to work with members, donors, the public and colleagues, the ability to act with diplomacy and discretion at all organizational levels, as well as work with a wide range of information, organize details and meet deadlines under pressure. Flexibility to attend membership/development or museum events on evenings or weekends as required.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.