The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
BOX OFFICE STAFF
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Describing in detail pricing and ticket options to guests.
- Encouraging guests to purchase ticket packages and additional products (upsells).
- Informing guests of membership options, museum events, closings, restrictions, rules and other notices required by management.
- Answering guest complaints and inquiries in person or via telephone.
- Operating ticketing system and computing bill showing amount due.
- Handling cash or credit card transactions, making change and issuing receipts and valid tickets to guests.
- Responsible for accepting and verifying opening bank, accepting cash/credit cards from guests and then recording end of day receipts, preparing deposits for bank and validating deposit against ticketing system reports.
- Cleaning and organizing assigned area, front counter, and back storage room as needed, to maintain a neat and orderly appearance.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
MUSEUM / ATTRACTION EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or 6 months or more of related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate should enjoy working with children. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with visitors and clients. Proficiency with ticketing systems preferred but training on specific system will be provided. These positions require working weekends and holidays.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.