The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. As an educational and cultural not-for-profit institution centered on the aircraft carrier Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, the Museum is dedicated to promoting the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming. Opened in 1982, the Museum has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display; a credible, innovative, and engaging education program supplementing classroom academic learning in history and science; and extensive public programs honoring the men and women who selflessly serve our country and inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Museum is looking for Seasonal Tour Guides to provide a first class customer service experience by leading groups of guests through a guided walking tour of the museum premises and/or assigned exhibits (ships, vessels, vehicles and exhibit spaces).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests as they enter assigned exhibit or waiting areas.
- Guiding guests through assigned exhibit, ensuring smooth, swift flow of traffic.
- Ensuring safety of the visiting public while waiting, on tour, or in assigned exhibit.
- Providing facts and historical information about museum, ships, vehicles, equipment, and artifacts, pointing out features of interest and answering questions.
- Clearly communicating the mission and message of the Intrepid Museum to the guest.
- Providing a high level of customer service for the guest, resolving problems, answering questions, and referring problems to the supervisor as necessary to ensure a pleasant experience.
- Informing guests, when necessary, of museum events and answering general questions regarding museum experience and layout.
- Ensuring cleanliness of assigned exhibit and waiting area, performing light cleaning (picking up scraps, paper, etc.) and informing supervisor of need for additional cleaning.
MUSEUM / ATTRACTION EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or six months or more of related tour guide/ customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent customer service skills, experience working with the public and the ability to work weekends, nights and holidays are all required. We offer a competitive salary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
No Phone Calls Please.