The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are currently accepting resumes for the following seasonal positions:
SEASONAL MUSEUM FLOOR STAFF
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet guests as they enter the museum or approach assigned area.
- Inform guests of museum layout, events, activities, and exhibits.
- Provide facts and historical information about museum, ships, vehicles, equipment, and artifacts, pointing out features of interest and answering questions.
- Clearly communicate the mission and message of the Intrepid Museum to the guest.
- Provide a high level of customer service by engaging guests, resolving problems, answering questions, and referring tougher problems to the supervisor as necessary to ensure a pleasant experience.
- Usher guests through their assigned area ensuring a smooth, swift flow of traffic.
- Monitor operation of the theater to ensure cleanliness and continued operation of theater, contacting supervisor, operations, or A/V staff to resolve problems.
- Ensure safety and well being of our Museum guests while they are visiting the Museum or related areas.
MUSEUM / ATTRACTION EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or 6 months or more of related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate should enjoy working with children. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with visitors and clients. Proficiency with ticketing systems preferred but training on specific system will be provided. These positions require working weekends and holidays.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.