|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. As an educational and cultural not-for-profit institution centered on the aircraft carrier Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, the Museum is dedicated to promoting the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming. Opened in 1982, the Museum has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display; a credible, innovative, and engaging education program supplementing classroom academic learning in history and science; and extensive public programs honoring the men and women who selflessly serve our country and inspire our youth.
We are seeking Security Officers to guard the Museum property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties:
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have New York State security license. Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary is required.
- Stand at post and inspect visitors for appropriate identification and/or wristbands.
- Patrol, periodically, buildings, grounds, and ship.
- Examine doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watch for and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sound alarm or call police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permit authorized persons to enter property.
- Register at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and accidents or injuries, for use of supervisory staff.
- Regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at Museum entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested.
No phone calls please.
|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.