The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the AVP, Director and Special Events team by performing the following duties:
- Office Duties
- Answering phones / following up on messages
- Managing SharePoint event calendar
- Distribute weekly production notes and upload them to SharePoint
- Schedule meetings
- Raisers Edge data management
- Create comprehensive database for SE
- Update or create event forms for internal use
- Organize SE shared folders
- Handle mailings – FedEx, Brochures, Thank you notes, etc.
- Coordinate gift baskets after events with Restaurant Associates and for other special occasions
- File post event reports after each event (event manager/AVP & Director events/Operations)
- Finance – PO’s, coding, working with AR/AP
- Maintaining PO directory, coding and invoice tracking
- Operations – coordinating the accessibility of maintenance within the ship, scheduling work and keeping maintenance schedule current on SharePoint calendar and weekly events calendars
- Department Inventory – Manage & maintain inventory of office supplies and event equipment (e.g. linens, tables, chairs etc.) ordering and reordering supplies and event equipment as needed (e.g. radios for events)
- Liaison for all Interdepartmental Communications
- Vendor Management
- Up keeping yearly Certificates of Insurance
- Liaison between managers and vendors
- Event calendar updating for vendors
- Research liaison for internal departments (e.g. Assist Institutional Advancement, Raisers Edge, Grant information with SE data)
- Manage site visit calendar
- Liaison with SE Overnight Supervisor
- Creating the SE Quarterly Reports
- including the following: quarterly event database, year to date revenues, budget vs. actuals, vendors commissions, a list of marketing/sales outreach, lost business, client feedback, current projects
- Event & Marketing Duties
- Assist with Special Events as needed. This may include:
- Assisting with load in and set up related to large events
- Overseeing tent load in/set up
- Other event related duties as required by management
- Assist with Social Media (Facebook & Twitter, and others)
- Coordinate with Marketing department for the SE schedule of post card mailings, advertisements, e*blasts, collateral, magazine and online ads
- Perform other duties as required by management
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training with experience in management administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. The candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization, from line workers to senior management level and an ability to represent the department in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.