The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the AVP, Director and Special Events team by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Answering phones / following up on messages
· Managing SharePoint event calendar
· Distribute weekly production notes
· Schedule meetings
· Raisers Edge data management
· Create comprehensive database for SE
· Update or create event forms for internal use
· Organize SE shared folders
· Handle mailings – FedEx, Brochures, Thank you notes, etc.
· Coordinate business gifts as necessary
· Finance – PO’s, coding, working with AR/AP
· Maintaining PO directory, coding and invoice tracking
· Manage department budget
· Operations – coordinating the accessibility of maintenance within the ship and scheduling work
· Department Inventory – Manage & maintain inventory of office supplies and event equipment (e.g. linens, tables, chairs etc.)
· Liaison for Interdepartmental Communications
· Vendor Management
· Up keeping yearly Certificates of Insurance
· Liaison between managers and vendors
· Event calendar updating for vendors
· Research liaison for internal departments (e.g. Assist Institutional Advancement, Raisers Edge, Grant information with SE data)
· Coordinate with Marketing department for the SE schedule of post card mailings, advertisements, e*blasts, collateral
· Liaison with SE Overnight Supervisor
· Create the SE Quarterly Reports
· including the following: quarterly event database, year to date revenues, budget vs. actuals, vendors commissions, a list of marketing/sales outreach, lost business, client feedback, current projects
· Assist with Special Events as needed
· Performing other duties as required by management.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training with experience in management administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. The candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization, from line workers to senior management level and an ability to represent the department in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.