The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking a Department Coordinator responsible for providing administrative support to the VP Exhibits as well as supporting the projects of the AVP and Curators (2) by performing the following duties:
- Monitor all departmental expenses, coordinating work with vendors and reconciling the budget
- Provide administrative support to the VP and AVP of Exhibits
- Attend interdepartmental meetings, , prepare reports as needed, follow up on the action items
- Serve as project coordinator for the Oral History Project
- Manage and maintain departmental time and attendance records
- Work with the VP, AVP of Exhibits, and Curators (2) to manage departmental budget.
- Coordinate scheduling of major Exhibits events with other departments
- Manage and maintain departmental filing system; ensure compliance with record retention protocols
- Other special projects as requested by the VP, Exhibits
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; or two to four years administrative experience and/or training with experience in management administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of basic accounting procedures is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. An ability to represent VP’s in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.