The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
We are seeking an Internal Events Coordinator to be responsible for the production of Intrepid’s internal events by performing the following duties:
- Be responsible for the production of internal events including, but not limited to: Special Projects, Events and External Affairs Department (SPEAD) events (Salute to Freedom Gala, Fleet Week related events, Ceremonies, Board Meetings), Public Programming (Kids Week, Movie Nights, Astronomy Nights, Panel Discussions ), Education Programming and Events (Power of One Series, Scout Days, Camps, LIFTT), and Institutional Advancement Events (including Member Events)
- Establish content for SPEAD events, including speakers and program participants, and development of timelines
- Coordinate with members of other departments to insure a smooth, satisfying event process.
- Guide other departments on event process, including catering, audio visual capabilities, load-in and load-out procedures and staffing requirements
- Handle the schedule of operations for set up/breakdown of events: Direct and supervise workers in preparing rooms and halls during special events, load-in/set-up, event execution, and load-out/breakdown. Inspect rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of department.
- Oversee rental, lighting and Audio Visual needs for SPEAD events.
- Maintain communication between departments related to events.
- Compile estimated cost models, track budget statistics, and prepare reports for SPEAD events.
- Maintain departmental records and files, including purchasing and invoices related to SPEAD events.
- Determine and execute appropriate responses to problems and emergencies during events, handle complaints, and perform other duties to promote goodwill.
- Provide weekly project reports to the Assistant Vice President of Events, Special Projects and External Affairs
- Maintain internal events calendar
- Complete production notes for internal events and attend weekly production meetings
- Perform other duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate will have a BS or BA degree and a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate must have proficient computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail skills and an ability to multi task effectively. An ability to present themselves in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical. Strong critical thinking and complex problem solving skills are also required. An ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful is highly valued. Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.