|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is one of America’s leading historic, cultural and educational institutions. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a national historic landmark, has welcomed more than 10 million visitors and currently welcomes almost one million visitors annually. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission through a dynamic and enriching exhibition environment recounting human stories behind the machinery on display in relation to the service era of the Intrepid: in World War II, the Cold War, NASA recovery missions and three tours in Vietnam. In connection thereto, the Museum delivers a broad range of credible, innovative, and engaging educational programs supplementing classroom learning in history, science, and leadership as well as extensive public and proprietary programs honoring those who serve our country – all to inspire our youth.
We are seeking an Internal Events Coordinator to be responsible for the production of Intrepid’s internal events by performing the following duties:
- Be responsible for the production of internal events including, but not limited to: Special Projects, Events and External Affairs Department (SPEAD) events (Salute to Freedom Gala, Fleet Week related events, Board Meetings), Public Relations and Marketing events (Summer Salute to Heroes, Kids Week, Movie Series and other Public Programs), Education Programming and Events (Power of One Series, Youth Leadership Conferences [YLC], Girl Scout/Boy Scout Days, Camps, LIFTT), Exhibit Events and Institutional Advancement Events (including Member Events)
- Coordinate with members of other departments to insure a smooth, satisfying event process.
- Handle the schedule of operations for set up/breakdown of events: Direct and supervise workers in preparing rooms and halls during special events, load-in/set-up, event execution, and load-out/breakdown. Inspect rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of department.
- Oversee rental, production and Audio Visual needs for internal events with department liaison.
- Maintain vendor schedules for internal events.
- Operational Responsibilities including but not limited to: distribute, manage and maintain all internal rentals for events, serve as the in-house liaison for other departments using internal rentals
- Maintain communication between departments related to events.
- Compile estimated cost models, track budget statistics, and prepare reports.
- Maintain departmental records and files, including purchasing and invoices related to internal events.
- Determine and execute appropriate responses to problems and emergencies during events, handle complaints, and perform other duties to promote goodwill.
- Provide weekly project reports to the Assistant Vice President of Special Projects and External Affairs
- Maintain internal events calendar
- Complete production notes for internal events and attend weekly production meetings
- Coordinate event logistics, not limited to production, for SPEAD events (including but not limited to Fleet Week events, Salute to Freedom Dinner, other ceremonies and events)
- Schedules, on-site logistics, event timelines
- Arrange design and decoration including lighting/sound, photography, catering and tenting as needed
- Assist Special Projects and Internal Events Manager as needed
- Perform other duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate will have a BS or BA degree. One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient computer knowledge. Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks. Write correspondence, reports and speak effectively before groups of employees of organization. Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as necessary.
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.