|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is the only museum where visitors can explore a legendary aircraft carrier, the first space shuttle, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Museum's mission is "to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth." The Museum pursues this mission by connecting visitors of all ages to history through exhibitions, interactivity, hands-on exploration, stories of heroism and first-hand accounts by people who were there. As home to many technological firsts and NASA’s single largest artifact in the Northeast, Space Shuttle Enterprise, the Museum is bridging the future by inspiring innovation. As New York City’s only educational institution housed on an aircraft carrier, the Museum is advancing innovation by developing the next generation of leaders in science, technology, engineering and math.
We are seeking a Membership Associate to provide member acquisition and renewal planning and to administer the membership acquisition, renewal, and benefits program for the institution. This position will assist with executing all facets of the strategic membership plan.
Essential Departmental Responsibilities:
Membership Strategy and Benefits Administration
Collateral and Events
- Provides input and assists with strategy for membership department, including establishing short- and long-range goals in cooperation with the Director of Membership to achieve institution membership objectives.
- Implements membership acquisition strategies, such as direct mail, phone soliciting, off-site, and internet sales, as directed by the Director of Membership.
- Implements strategies for renewing annual support of current members and collaborates with Membership Assistant on updating monthly renewal letters and identifying members for upgrade requests.
- Researches current Museum members for prospective donors/member upgrades.
- Prepares and updates monthly sales report and reviews daily sales entries.
- Researches prospective Corporate Members.
- Fulfills Corporate Membership benefits and maintains up-to-date Corporate contact information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manages the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) reciprocity relationships and communications.
- Establishes reciprocity admission days with museums not in the ASTC program and promotion.
- Develops content for monthly member email updates and works with the graphics team to produce.
- Provides content for biannual Institutional Advancement newsletter.
- Works with Director of Membership to strategize and plan member events calendar and corresponding email and print invitations.
- Plans and executes membership events and attends and assists development events as requested.
- Organizes and maintains the Membership department's collateral inventory.
- Ensures that Museum Services staff (including Information Desk, Box Office and Tour Guides) and other departments have most current membership collateral and are kept informed about events and promotions.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. He/She should have exemplary computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet. Strong knowledge of database systems (Raiser’s Edge, Patron’s Edge) essential. Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail essential. Must be able to keep deadlines. The candidate will have excellent judgment, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to work with members, donors, the public and colleagues, the ability to act with diplomacy and discretion at all organizational levels, as well as work with a wide range of information, organize details and meet deadlines under pressure. Flexibility to attend membership/development or museum events on evenings or weekends as required.
- Helps Membership Assistant process new and renewed membership gifts.
- Helps Membership Assistant acknowledge membership gifts and fulfill membership benefits.
- Assists in training and trouble shooting for incoming box office membership representatives on customer service.
- Operates ticketing system as it relates to membership.
- Assists with implementation of membership campaigns and promotions.
- Works as a team member in the Institutional Advancement Department on a range of fundraising and development areas.
- Provides on-site information about institution and membership benefits to visitors.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements. NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.