Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Rules and Regulations
- Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (the “Museum”) property or inside any exhibit area. Smoking on Pier 86 is prohibited by law. The only area in which smoking is permitted is on the sidewalk of 12th Avenue.
- Loitering, vending, begging, gambling, selling, soliciting, campaigning or handing out information of any kind or petitioning on the Museum property is strictly prohibited.
- Possession and/or use of any drugs is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Museum property.
- Alcoholic beverages that are not sold on premises are not allowed.
- Bicycles, scooters, tricycles, skate boards, roller / in-line skates or shoes with wheels are not permitted on museum property.
- No vandalism. It is illegal to deface, damage, mutilate or destroy the Museum property, artifacts, exhibits or equipment including altering or tampering with computers or software. Handling artifacts, exhibits or equipment without the presence and permission of a Museum staff member is prohibited.
- Visitors may take pictures for personal use only, with a hand-held camera and electronic flash.
- Professional photographic equipment, video cameras, recording devices, tripods, lights and other such equipment are not permitted without prior written approval from Intrepid Museum Foundation. Parties interest in using such equipment should contact the Public Affairs department of the Museum for approval.
- Except in designated areas, no eating or drinking is allowed inside at Museum, or at the Growler or Concorde exhibits.
- Open fires or personal grills are strictly prohibited.
- Running inside the Museum or on Pier 86 is strictly prohibited.
- No firearms or weapons are permitted anywhere on the Museum property.
- No unions.
- Customers and guests are requested to wear proper attire (as determined by Museum personnel in their sole discretion) while on the Museum property. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Display of profane, obscene or injurious language, texts or graphics for public view is prohibited. Visitors displaying such language on clothing will be asked to either change the garment, or otherwise cover the offensive image/language, or leave the Museum property.
- Indecent exposure, lewd or sexual acts or behavior are strictly prohibited.
- Fighting, provoking a fight, or engaging in disorderly or boisterous conduct is strictly prohibited.
- Offensive, abusive or threatening language or behavior is strictly prohibited.
- No visitor is allowed to create or engage in any activity that could be described as a performance, a show or a happening, make a declaration or speech, create a media event or photo opportunity on Museum property or give tours of the exhibitions without prior written approval from Museum management.
- Do not leave minor children unattended. Unattended children are not permitted in the Museum. For youth/student groups, at least one (1) chaperone is required for every ten (10) children.
- Disability assistance equipment, such as wheelchairs and electric scooters, are permitted. Personal wheelchairs are welcome at the Museum. Traditional electric assistance scooters are also welcome, however, upright or "Segway" scooters are not permitted on Museum property.
- Guests of the Museum are strictly prohibited from touching any of the exhibits or displays and must exercise due care when taking close-up photographs of any exhibit or display
- Please do not lean on showcases to avoid moving or tipping them
- Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Museum could result in your immediate ejection from the Museum property without a reimbursement of your cost of admission. Please see the back of your admission ticket for additional terms and conditions, including the requirement that you consent to a search of your person and/or belongings, if so requested by Museum staff.
Pet Access Policy - The policy concerning the access of privately owned animals (pets) to the Museum is as follows:
- No animals will be permitted into or on the property past gated entry or security points. This policy is in effect at all times, including when the facilities are not open to the public.
- Exceptions to the Pet Access Policy are as follows: Certified Service Animals and Animals in Training for Certification will be permitted to assist visitors with disabilities. Service Dogs or Service Dogs in Training must be twelve (12) months or older. Puppies under twelve (12) months of age will not be permitted on Museum property.
- Police or other certified assistance animals will be permitted when accompanied by a qualified handler on official business.
THE MUSEUM RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL, TO IMPLEMENT ADDITIONAL AND/OR MORE RESTRICTIVE RULES AND REGULATIONS THAN THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN. THE MUSEUM ALSO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ADMISSION TO ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC WHO IS CONSIDERED TO BE A THREAT TO THE SAFETY OF THE PROPERTY OR GUESTS OF THE MUSEUM.