The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is part of the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program. The ASTC program provides free general admission to members of participating museums and science centers. Valid membership card with ASTC logo must be presented upon your visit. Reciprocal admission applies to the number of people covered in your membership, not to exceed 2 adults and 4 children. Restrictions apply.**
**ASTC excludes museums and institutions within 90 miles of membership purchase and purchaser residency. Therefore, if you have a membership with an institution or live within 90 miles of another you are planning to visit, you would not be granted free admission under the ASTC Travel Passport Program. Science centers/museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the Travel Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement.
The museums listed below are within 90 miles of the Intrepid Museum but have agreed to lift this restriction, and you may visit them free of charge. Please note that these agreements are subject to change at any time. Call them before you travel!
- Bruce Museum, Greenwich, CT
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, New Haven, CT
- The Brooklyn Children's Museum, Brooklyn, NY
- Long Island Science Center, Riverhead, NY
- The New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY
- The New York Transit Museum, Brooklyn Heights, NY
- The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, PA
- Liberty Science Center admission for Intrepid Museum members is waived on the following days only:
3/25/17, 5/21/17, 7/15/17, 9/17/17, 11/18/17
Additional Reciprocal Agreements
The following organizations are not members of ASTC but allow Intrepid Museum Members reciprocal museum privileges at the Family level and above.
Some Tips Before You Travel!
Intrepid Members Visiting other ASTC Members
- Reciprocal admission lists are subject to change without notice. We suggest that you contact the institution you wish to visit to confirm privileges before visiting.
- You must present your valid Intrepid Museum membership card with the ASTC logo when you visit a participating institution. Reciprocal institutions do not have access to one another’s membership list.
- You may also be asked to present proof of residence to show that you live more than 90 miles from the institution. You may be denied reciprocal admission if you live within a 90-mile radius of the institution.
ASTC Members visiting Intrepid
- You must present a valid membership card with the ASTC logo when you visit the Intrepid Museum to receive free general admission.
- We provide free general admission for the number of people covered under your membership. Maximum 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- Reciprocal institutions do not have access to one another’s membership lists. If you do not have your membership card, you must contact your science center to obtain proof of membership. An email confirmation may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Intrepid Museum checks IDs. You must live more than 90 miles away from the Intrepid Museum and the reciprocal museum to which you belong must be more than 90 miles away from the Intrepid Museum to receive the free general admission privilege.