Discover the Museum’s artifacts on scavenger hunts and tours, and take a ride in our flight simulators.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum has many exciting programs for campers, including scavenger hunts, education programs and rides on our group-friendly flight simulators. Be sure to visit our new Exploreum Interactive Hall for the perfect combination of education, innovation and fun.
Our experienced team of group sales professionals can tailor a complete itinerary to any camper's schedule, interests and budget. Options include the following:
- Private tours*
- Lunch options*
- Reserved dining area for groups preordering lunch
- Simulator rides* including Transporter FX and XD Theater
- Souvenir packages* including Intrepid Scout Patches!
- Dedicated group sales services check-inarea with a bus drop-off area as
well as a group sales check-in area to make check-in fast and simple
- Group sales representativewho will greet your party and assist with check-in
- Preferred partner recommendationsfor lodging and transportation needs
*Additional fees apply
Group rates and services are only available with advance reservations. There is a group minimum of 15 people. Please make reservations at least two (2) weeks prior to the date in mind (for Monday visits, by Friday at 12:00pm). Reservations made within two (2) weeks of visit must be paid in full upon booking. Arrange your visit now by calling 646-381-5010 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (Wednesday–Sunday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, for birthday parties) or by completing our Group Request Form.
Due to high call volume, you may experience a longer than normal wait. While it is our goal to take each call as it comes, we strongly encourage you to leave a message, and we will respond within 24 hours. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
Education Programs for Camp Groups
The Education Department offers three programs specifically designed for camp groups during the months of July and August.
- Little Explorers: History & Social Studies, grades pre-K–2 (ages 4-8), 60-minutes Through tactile discovery, gallery experiences and object-based learning, students study the ship, aircraft collection and interactive exhibits in the Exploreum. This program is designed for our youngest visitors, and it is timed as such.
- Life Aboard: History & Social Studies, grades 3–12 (ages 8-18), 90 minutes Students learn what it was like to serve aboard Intrepid during a typical tour of duty in its 31 years of service. Examining artifacts,
students become history detectives and uncover fascinating aspects of Intrepid’s “city at sea.”
- Let’s Take Flight: Aviation Science, grades 3–12 (ages 8-18), 90 minutes: Students discuss the parts
of a plane and how nature influences aircraft shape and design. Educators demonstrate the four forces
of flight, and students experiment with these concepts before creating their own simple flying machines.
Programs are offered at 10:30am, 11:30am and 12:30pm, Monday–Friday (subject to availability).
NYC DOE, DYCD, BOCES, COMPAS and DHS groups please click here.
All camp groups please click here.
Capacity: 30 students, 6 chaperones. Larger groups will be divided.
For more information, including pricing, or to reserve an education program for your camp group, call 646-381-5169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Click here to read our FAQ about group visits to the Intrepid Museum!