Thank you for your Service
- Nathaniel G. Amend, Jr., MUS 3/C, USN 1943-45
His love of country & family is unsurpassed. We love & miss you Katie, Kathy, Roy & Trey.
- AMM 2C Elmer E. Anderson Plankowner, USN 1943-1944
In memory of the greatest guy, my husband of 66 years. Love you, Dorothy.
- Robert P. Anderson, Jr., AOM1, USNR 1942-45
Faithful service to country, family & Washington Engine Co Croton Fire Dept. Croton NY. Plankowner & one of the “Greatest Generation”.
- AMMPacV2 Karl James Ashley, Jr., USN 1942-45
In honor of your service, dedication, and loyalty. Be at peace. Forever at sea. Love your family.
- PFC Charles Asztalos, USA
Defense Plant Worker Roseann Asztalos
S1c Eskew Steffens (KIA USS Intrepid 11/25/44)
For their World War II service.
- Capt. Sverre Bach, Intrepid 1944, USN 1942-74
VF-6 fighter pilot flying F6F Hellcats, invasion of Kwajalein Atoll and strikes on Truk.
- CPO David E. Benedict, USN 1958-61
Intrepid - My first navy home - an honor I cherish. So many memories that will live on.
- Benjamin R. Berkey, USNA Class of 2014
We honor & salute your allegiance to our country. L&L holding company, LLC
- RM1c William Bielawski, USN 1943 – 1946
PhM1c Parker Nash, USN 1943 – 1945
Our everlasting love to Dad and Uncle Parker. - Lauren and Leslie
- Charles E. Boisselle, PO3, USN 1945-51
World War II DAV and Korean conflict God Bless America.
- YN3 CV11 Edmund Bradbury, USN 1954-1956
YN3-CV11 EAB 1954-56 For the love of the mighty "I" Your family Terri, Suzanne, Ali & Manny.
- AE1 William Michael “Bill” Brannon, USN, 1965-1970
E1-B Tracer “Willy Fudd” crewman, VAW-121, aboard USS Intrepid for two WestPac cruises circa ’66–‘68
- SGT John N. Bratichak, USMC 1950-53
Devoted American, husband, father, grandfather, brother, son, boss, teacher. We love you. Semper Fi
- LCDR Edward James Broms, Jr., USN, 1961-68
Missing in action 1968 - 2011 Love is eternal.
- Brugman Family - Four Generations of Honorable Service
Mathias, USMC WWI; Arthur, USN WWII; Dennis, USN; Jason, USAF; Rena, USAF
- Capt. Gerry Byrne, USMC 1966-1969
"A" CO, TBS 1-67 SEMPER FI
- EM2 Everett Camp, USN 1943-1949
In memory of his years on the Intrepid, 1943-1945
- AN1c William F. Cannon, USN 1954–1959
Our quiet hero. He served his country and was devoted to family and God.
- CDR Donald R. Carver, USN 1971-73
"Doc" was an OA Div. Off. and Sr. Deck Watch Off. during the Cold War.
- Alfonso "Chavy" Chavarrias, GM 3/C, USN
Awarded the Navy Cross by the Pres. of U.S.A. for heroism in combat on 29 October, 1944
- Lt. Jg. Leslie C. Clemmer, K2 Division, USNR 1943-45
Your devotion & duty to country & family has inspired us all. We love you - Edith, Les, Paul & Susie
- Joseph T. Cobert, SKV1c, Plankowner, USNR 1940-45
For dad - who inspired faith, loyalty & patriotism all out love - Pat, John, Rob, Bill, Liz & families.
- Tom Cox, Private, USMC, 1943-46
As a teenage marine he landed the first day at Iwo Jima, then went on to a career of distinguished public service.
- LTJG Gerald David Deeney, USNR 1942-45
U.S. Navy Air Corps WWII heavy cruiser floatplanes.
- LCDR Robert F. Dias, US Navy 1943-68
In honor of your service in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, from the Richard J. Dias family
- R. G. Dougherty, SN, 2nd Division, USN 1957-59
- Seaman Charles R. Doyle, USS Alaska, USN 1944-45
- Lt. Jg. Frederick T. Doyle, Jr., USS Intrepid, USN 1944-45
- AMM1 Thomas F. Dugan, USN 1943-1945
“We love you!” Dixie, Linda, Susan, Stacey, Michael & Bossie
- Jack H. Edwards S1c, USS Intrepid, USN 1944-46
In recognition of your service during WWII with pride, your son Jack and your entire family.
- Lt. Joseph J. Ehrhard, USS Intrepid, USNR 1942-46
In honor of your service, valor & sacrifice we love you Dad- Jenny, Chris, Clay & Kelly
- Fleet Angels of Lakehurst (HU-2, HC-2, HSC-2)
Honoring all those who served their country during their time with the Fleet Angels.
- ENG Arthur H. Flynn, Jr., USN 1960-63
Your devotion & duty to country & family has inspired us all. We love you!
- Lt Col Samuel B. Folsom, USN 1939-41, USMC 1941-63
Guadalcanal, Okinawa, Korea, Test Pilot Intrepid museum docent 1994-2014. Your friends honor your service.
- Lt. Mark T. Frank, USNR 1972-77
May the seas always provide peace and happiness for all without harm or sorrow.
- CPT Neil J. Gagnon, U.S. Army EOD, 1961 – 1964
Thank you for steering our ship for 15 years. With love, your crew at Gagnon Securities.
- Capt. Richard Kenna Gaines, USN 1925-1955
First Executive Officer, USS Intrepid 1943 from daughter-Maud Gaines Tarrant-and his family
- LT CMDR James S. Gardner, USN 1954-66
Flying was one of your loves, you are ours. We've got your six! Your loving family.
- Richard N. Gauthier, HM3, USN 1962-1966
To honor your supreme sacrifice for your shipmates 1966.
- CDR Joseph B. Geisler, USNR 1942-69
A fighter pilot and attorney who served his country and city with pride.
- LCPL Jack Gelband, USMC 1966-68
A Vietnam veteran, who served his country with honor. He will be loved and remembered forever.
- Stuart Gelband, MM3, USN 1970-71
An Intrepid sailor inspired by my comrades. We sailed the high seas and came home better men.
- Seaman 1st Class Hector Giannasca, USN 1943-45
Three years active service WWII and fifteen years as a dedicated volunteer; Hector loves this ship!
- Lt. Thomas L. Gibbs, USN WWII & Korea
In memory of your wisdom and humor. From your loving family.
- Lt. James A. Gibbs, USNR 1957-59
In honor of all who served aboard this great ship.
- Nicola "Nick" Gigliotti, RM3, USN 1961-66
To serve on the Intrepid & its crew was an honor I'm proud of our families at home & our country.
- Lt. John Lee Gill, USS Santee CVE-29, USN 1942-50
FBI 1951-77 honored family, friends & MD VFW 7464
- AOM 3c Gerald G. Goguen, Plankowner, USN 1943-45
Thank you for serving our country. Your loving children Gerald, Gregory, Susan & Michelle Goguen
- - TM2 Vito Peter Greco, USNR 1943-46
Our pride and love are infinite. Love, your seven daughters.
- ARM3 Cula Ray Griggs, USS Intrepid, USNR 1943-45
Thank you for fighting for us. We miss you. Rest in peace. Love, your children & grandchildren.
- ABH 2 Bill Gronlund, USS Intrepid 1970-72
Honor, pride and courage is a credit to all who served.
- Lewis L. Gross, Chief Boatswain's Mate, USN 1943-45
We honor your service. Love, Rosaria, Ronald, Christine, Shanti Shanti Kaur, Michael & Millie
- The Sailors of Gun Tub 10
In honor of their valor in defending Intrepid against a kamikaze attack, October 29, 1944.
- AMS3 Michael P. Hallahan, HC-2, 1958 – 59
To the man who taught us to stand tall be proud and love our country. A loving husband, father, grandfather.
- Paul E. Haller, AE2, USN 1966-70
He loved his country, years of service, family & God. In loving tribute, your children, grandchildren & sis.
- Melvin L. Hardin, MM2, USN 1958-61
It was a heck of a ride. I have fond memories. I wouldn't take anything for the experience.
- AIR3 Frederick J. Hemmerich, Jr., V2 AG 1961-1964
We honor and salute you. We all love & admire the man you are. Love your family.
- J.L. Hendren, LCDR, USNR – LEGAL OFFICER 1966
Our deepest appreciation and love - Janet, Jason & Janell
- S1C John M. Henry, Sr., USN, 1943-46
Many thanks for a job well done! Ron, John, Eileen, Mike, Kate, Chris, Lindsey, Mike
- LT Len Hittner, USNR Intrepid '58 USS FDR '58 '59
So proud to have served in the United States Navy! With love from Ann, Mike, Rick and Leigh
- AMM 1C Warren Roy Hollier, Plankowner, USN 1942-48
In loving memory of a gentle man who served his country, his family & his God. From his family.
- Airman Fletcher LeRoy Houck, Jr., US Army Air Corps 1944-45
Your family and your country are so proud of you. We honor your World War II service of 22 missions on the B-17 flying fortress.
- Joel S. Howson, RM3, USS Intrepid, USN, 1970-74
Thank you for your service, we are proud of you. We love you. Linda and Sheena & Barry & families.
- Stanley Eugene Hubbard, U.S. Army Calvary, WWI
Aviation pioneer Hubbard Field - Louisville, Kentucky - 1921
- Jack Carl Hurff, MM2, USN 1957-1960
In loving tribute to your dedication to family and country. Love, your “bride”, children and family.
- PO3 Robert Jelardi, USN 1958-1961
Daddy, we are incredibly proud and blessed to have you as our father! We love you!
- RM3c Harold A. Jochmann, USNR 1942 – 1945
USS Intrepid plankowner - Harold cherished this beloved ship. We honor & salute your service to God & country.
- CDR Thomas E. Kearney, USN 1959-94
Please say a prayer for all who serve and for all who made the extreme sacrifice.
QM3 Laurence J. Kubat, USNR, 1959
To my children, grandchildren & great grandchildren who may someday walk these decks in my memory.
- Robert Kwong, Seaman 1st Class, USN 18 months
Appreciated the chance to serve.
- Colonel Christopher A. Landro, USMC (R)
In honor of Colonel Christopher A. Landro USMC (R)
SGT Alfred D. La Neve, US Army Signal Corps, 1942-45
We think of you every day and love you always! Forever, the La Neve family.
- Roy Latall, AMM 2/C, Plankowner, USN 1943-45
Forever loyal to family, country and ship. We love you. Vi, Kathie, Bob, Michael & John
- Theodore "Ted" Lavoot, AT1, USN 1955-59
HU2 Fleet Angel air crew member with love Terri, Howard and Penni
- PO2 Chester L. Laws, USN (Ret) 1940-1960
Your family praises & honors your loyal service America & Intrepid - I gave my best for you.
- A02 James F. Leiby, HS-11, USN 1968-72
Thanks for sharing this journey with me with pride & love, your wife (Grub) Jer. 2911
- Airman Joseph Letts, Sr., USN 1955-57
V-6 aviation metal shop April 17, 1957 - Airman of the month.
- LT W.B. "Lefty" Lewis, USS Intrepid 1958-59, USNR 1956-66
To the best pilot we know - 72 landings on Intrepid and many more after that!
- LCDR Thomas R. Lippert, SC, USN 1972-1995
He Served Aboard with Honor, Courage & Commitment.
- Alfred Litke, RM3, USS Intrepid, USN 1966-68
Faithful to God, country, family. Thanks for having been in our lives. Love, Judy & Lori
- Rudolph Loizzi, SN, USN 1955-58
Served as Capt. USMM rapid deployment forces 1960 to 1996 - Vietnam & Desert Storm - in God we trust.
- Lt. William R. Loomis, USN, Air Group Six 1944
Honoring 31 years of naval service William R. Loomis, Jr.
CPT Daniel F. Maher, West Point '05, USA '05 -'15
UH-60 BLACKHAWK PILOT; OIF/OND (IRAQ), OEF (AFGHANISTAN)
WITH LOVE - YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
- CPhM(AA), Raymond L. Maness, USN, 1940-1945
USS Intrepid plank owner, combat action, WWII, forever remembered with gratitude.
- LCDR Brian D. Marshall, USN 1971 – 1973
Education Dedication Service
- ENS Karl B. Matthews, USNR A1, VT-14 1943-45
For your service to country & devotion to family. All our love - Bruce, Beth, & Amy
- Commander John Mc Alick, USN 1948-73
Until we meet again. Love, Jean
- "Fast Freddie" McCann, AV3, V-6 Div, USN 1944-46
WWII Vet - Intrepid Ass'n Chapter Rep - Ill & Ind Fred's service is commemorated by his family.
- Petty Officer Third Class Walter P. McGinn, USN 1952-56
- Lt. Col. Horace "Mike" Michelson, USA
In memory of your service to this country. Kathy and Dean O'Hare
LCPL Eugene C. Mills III, USMC 2008 - 2012
Operation Enduring Freedom
Killed in Action - 22 June 2012
Sangin Valley, Helmand Province, Afg.
- Richard L. Mills, AN, USN 1959-62
Port side elevator operator, 9/60- 5/62 Proud to have served aboard the USS Intrepid.
- Leland H. Miller, Mus 3/c, USNR 1943-46
U.S.S. Intrepid original crewmember Columbus, Texas.
- Captain Robert J. Morgan, USN, 1938-1969
Thank you for serving during WWII and for captaining this amazing beauty, Intrepid.
- George W. Morrison, AN, USN 1951-1955
A strong, loving and respected man deeply devoted to God, family and country.
- EM2 Howard A. Morrison, USN 1942-1945
Plankowner - USS Intrepid - devoted to God, country & family. Your spirit inspires forever. We love you.
- AMM2C Thomas F. Morrissey, USN 1942-46
Thank you for your sacrifice to your family & country 1924-2012. Rest in peace anchors aweigh.
- LCDR Ronald R. Mortali, Sr., USN (Ret.) 1952-77
Your soaring dedication and devotion shine brightly on all of us. We love, honor, and salute you.
- MIDN Scott H. Mortimer, USN 1971
To a proud sailor for his 60th birthday! Love Maryjane, Gregory, Christopher & Michael
- LTJG Joseph D Murphy, Plankowner, USNR 1943-46
To honor you on your 90th birthday, with love, your children, grandchildren & great grandchildren.
- CDR James C. Murray, USN 1955-77
With love and appreciation the Murray family.
- ADM Robert J. Natter, Commander in Chief, Atlantic Fleet
Thank you for being a great sailor, Vietnam vet & admiral - Mel and Barbara Immergut
- Antonio Nibbs, PO3, USN 1961-66
VAW-33 Nighthawks, anti-submarine squadron "Search for them, Locate them, Destroy them".
- 1st. Lt. Anthony J. Nickert, USA 1954-56
I honor & salute you, "Jack," for your service to our country. Your "bride" of 50 years, with love, Joan
- AMM2c Felix A. Novelli, USN 1945
We are forever indebted to you for our freedom – your loving family.
- AOM1c Ralph Nurse USN 1941-1945
In proud memory of my dad and his fellow crewmembers who served their country onboard Intrepid.
- PFC Joseph P. Oreiro, USMC 1954-58
Love, forever & always, Florence, Gregory and Eso
- LTJG Frank J. Osinski, USN
Tour of duty on USS Intrepid June 1965 - May 1967.
- Lt. Todd Owens, US Navy, 5 years
In honor of your service to this country, William Owens
- Sgt. Maxwell L. Page, USMC 1929-33 USMCR 1942-46
Thank you for your service! From your country, your sons & the generations that follow. Semper Fi.
- MM3 Robert (Speed) Parker, USN, 1944-45
Proud to have served aboard the USS Intrepid Diamond Lake, Illinois
- Petty Officer 2/C William P. Pastyrnak, USN 1942-45
Your life is witness to your love for God, family and country. You are forever our hero—Bill Mike Gloria Al.
- Robert F. Patton, Gunner's Mate 3rd, USN 1943-45
Went to war at 17, Plank Owner USS Intrepid served his country, loved his family, kept the faith.
- Joseph Pavlov, Jr., Aviation Metalsmith 3/c, USNR 1945
Our dad-- Joseph III, John, Catherine, George, Jennifer, Helen - proud of him.
- LCDR John A. Pedisich, Jr., USN 1961-70
Attack Squadron 34 Vietnam 1967 Intrepid & Air Wing team none better.
- CDR William H. Poarch, USN, (Ret.) 1958 - 1982
Served aboard USS Intrepid CVS-11 as Communications Officer, O.O.D. underway, and C.O.D. pilot 1970-1972
- YN3 Darryl Ponicsan, USN 1962-65
Aboard the Intrepid I began the "Last Detail".
- Corporal James Principi, USMC 1943-45
Your devotion & duty to country & family has inspired us all. Ann, Jim, Mick, Terry, Tom, Paul, Steve, Mark & John
- HM1 Edward Young Reid II, USN 8/5/58 - 8/5/68
Very proud to have served on board the “Fighting I” and shared in her history. Vietnam Tonkin Gulf 67
- Peter W. Reiter, AQF3, USN 1961-1962 (VA66)
Intrepid initiated a 30 year career! 1960-1990 MCPO retired
- Walter L. Ress, USMC World War II
USS Texas, D-Day 1944, Iwo Jima 1945. Your Intrepid colleagues honor your service.
- David W. Ribar, FT2, USN 1953-56
Proud sailor, devoted husband and loving father who continues to inspire.
- LT Seth Rosner, USNR 1956-1959
Intrepid, my ship; her crew, my mates all honor to those who gave their lives.
- John F. Rossano, Fireman, USN 1952-55
Fire room #2 1954-1955
- Donald J. Rothgery, YN3, USS Intrepid, USN 1957-59
- HM2 Rodney Rothwell, Sr., USN 1968-1971
Love, Pat, Rodney, Christine, Sam, Jayden, Mason & Lily
- Thomas R. Rushton, 3/c Petty Officer, USN 1963-67
Thank you for your service to our country. Love, Kim, Marvin, Tommie, Scottie, Mason, Makenzie & Myles
- Daryl J. Saldausky, E5, USN 1960-64
Thank you for keeping your family & country free & safe. We love you – Pat & Bobbi
- Corporal David J. Saliba, USMC 1943-46
USS Intrepid August 10, 1943 to July 21, 1944 Iwo Jima February 19 to March 16, 1945
- Seaman SN Charles Schneider, USN 1945-1949
Your love of family & country inspires us still Jodi, Steph, Mary, Steve, Julie, Terri & Linda
- Capt. Stanley P. Schwartz, USNR (Ret) 1955
Check out forward bunk room 1955 Med cruise.
- Capt. Rolland K. "Rollie" Shea, USN
In support of the Intrepid Museum's mission to Honor, Educate & Inspire.
- Robert F. Sicknick, USS Intrepid, USN 1952-1961
We love you Dad. Your sons Robert, William, George, Dan and their families
- LTJG Robert J. Soltysiak, USN 1969
Thank you for serving our country, Dad. We are so proud to be your daughters. We love you, Tansy & Lacey
- ADM James G. Stavridis, Supreme Allied Commander, Europe
Thank you for being a great sailor, statesman & admiral - Mel and Barbara Immergut
- Allen Stevens, AS1, USN, 20 Years
Served on board in Vietnam Tonkin Gulf.
- LTJG Bernard “Ben” St. John, USNR 1942-45
WWII Intrepid aviator, torpedo squadron 18 (VT-18) in honor of your courage, valor and sacrifice.
- Raymond T. Stone, Radarman 2/C, USN 1943-1945
Our Dad - a Plankowner & a patriot who loved his country & the Intrepid, his ship!
- ABHAN Robert G. Straight, USN, 1962-1966
Thank you for serving and protecting us and your country! We love you! Dedicated from your family and future generations.
- Major Jacob Stub, USMC 1941-52
WWII Distinguished Flying Cross winner.
- CMDR William Frederick Thompson, USN, 1941-67
Distinguished Flying Cross, Korea “A True Patriot”
- AT3 Robert E. Tocalino U.S. Navy 1952-1956
Celebrating your 80th & the best days of your life Happy Birthday with love Brad, Trisa, Rylie & Macey
- VADM Richard H. Truly USN 1959-89
Bless this ship. For me, it all started here.
- LT John A. Vuyosevich, USN 6/67-1/73
Proud to be a part of our family's Navy tradition and proud to have served on the USS Intrepid 6/69-4/71.
- John N. Vuyosevich, Cockswain, USS YMS-30
Uncle John, we will love and remember you forever. Died Anzio 1/25/44.
- Capt. Gerald Walpin, USAF 1957 - 60
A lifetime of love and service to his country Sheila, Amanda, Ned & Jenny
Thomas A. Wargo, USN 1961-1963, SH/SN
Proud to have served aboard the USS Intrepid.
Cuban Missile Crisis (1962) / Recovery of Scott Carpenter (1962)
- Norman L. Weckter, PhoM 1/c, USN 1944-46
I wouldn't take a million dollars for the experience.
- Capt. C. S. Williams, Jr., C.O. CVS-11 Apr. '71 - Dec. '72
In memoriam: "The world's best commanding officer!" Given by: CDR William H. Poarch, USN, (Ret.)
- ADJ2 Ronald Wishman, USN 1966-68
Your devotion & duty to country & family inspires me. I love you - Judith
- John F. Wisted, SN, USN 1956-58
Remember our fallen heroes.
- CPO Wesley E. Wittich, USS Ludlow, USN 1937-57
Thank you for our lives, our freedom and your love. Your 10 proud children and their growing families.
- Paul G. Zimmermann RM3, CV-11, USN 1944-46
He dedicated his life to country, family and community. Love, your Lou, Anne, Jean, Paul, Ruth & grandchildren
- VA-176 Thunderbolts 1966-1967
In honor of all the VA-176 pilots and squadron members who proudly served our country.
- ALL of Intrepid's Crew Members - 1943 to 1974
The USS Intrepid Association is proud to honor all who served on Intrepid during 31 years of active duty.